The checklist below covers the new emergency relief options for individuals to consider. It includes emergency relief options outlined in:
- The CARES Act
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Executive orders
- IRS changes
- And other relief options specific to COVID-19 as they pertain to individuals
Please contact us for any questions – or for periodic updates to this checklist as new emergency relief options are introduced.
For Small Business Owners:
With recent legislation to help small businesses deal with the impact of the coronavirus pandemic, it has become confusing to keep all the eligibility rules straight and the types of relief small business owners can receive. This checklist covers the following key planning points related to:
- Eligibility issues for PPP and EIDL programs
- The types of relief qualifying business owners can receive from various programs.
- How loan forgiveness works
- The extent to which these programs work in conjunction with each other
- Key points of the Employee Retention Credit
- Key points of payroll tax deferral
The purpose of this checklist is to provide a high-level overview of the major financial planning points that we are discussing with our small business owner clients.
Please contact us for updates to this checklist as further guidance is provided.